Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bowl-a-thon

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope that this note finds you well. I am doing great here in Kansas as we are in the midst of an unusually mild winter (by Midwestern standards)! But after the last 2 cold and snowy winters, I am not complaining.

Our monastery (St. Benedict’s Abbey) is in the midst of a ($3.2 M) Capital Campaign (www.ShareOurMission.org) to repair the roof and replace the windows in our 83-year-old home. Our students (at Benedictine College) have decided to assist us by hosting a bowl-a-thon (Benedict’s Bowling Bonanza) on March 31st (bowl.kansasmonks.org). I am going to bowl and I would like for you to consider sponsoring me! Donors can give a one-time gift or sponsor a bowler (like me!) a certain amount of money per pin. We will bowl two games and will count the highest single game score in the calculation of the pledge totals (my goal is to bowl a 200 game, but I am hoping for even higher).

To make a pledge (or a donation), go to bowl.kansasmonks.org and click on the “Sponsor a Bowler” tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions. Or if you prefer, you can just respond to this e-mail with your pledge and I will do the rest! All gifts to this good cause are tax deductible. And please send this request to anyone whom you think would be interested in helping our monastery!

Thanks for your consideration (and generosity).


In Christ,

Father Justin Damien Dean, OSB

No comments:

Post a Comment