Monday, October 5, 2009

Trip to Denver...

I was blessed by being allowed to go to the Diaconate Ordination of 5 men in Denver, CO over the last weekend of September. God willing, they will all be ordained priests in May of 2010.

Dave Nix, one of my FOCUS missionaries in Troy, was one of the men ordained (CONGRATS, Dave!!). Archbishop Chaput officiated and did his usual superb job (very inspirational homily).

I stayed with the Companions of Christ in Denver - a fantastic group of young men studying for the diocesan priesthood (of Denver), who live in community. Very enjoyable.

I also got to see Chris & Elizabeth Kuetermeyer (and their 2 children) during my stay. Chris was another one of my missionaries in Troy and I spent Sunday afternoon with them. Great to see them and catch up.

It was a nice break away from the monastic life, but I was glad to return home on Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment