Tuesday, October 19, 2010

50 days to go... and the votes are in...

Today, with 50 days to go until my novitiate is over, our monastic community met to vote on the acceptance of the novices' request for entrance into the monastery as junior monks.

I was informed after the meeting that I was accepted! (As was Br. Christopher Start.)

Our profession of vows is scheduled for Wednesday, December 8, 2010 - the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception!

The next day (Dec 9th) I will begin my drive toward Montgomery for my 5-day home visit. More details on that in the future...

Thank you for all the prayers.

God bless,
FrJDD

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Padre! We miss you. I know you are looking forward to the next step in this journey. Thanks for letting us in on a glimpse of your new life!

    ReplyDelete