Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Spiritual Life...

In my description of this blog I said I would keep everyone posted on my activities "inside" the monastery and inside me. I have posted numerous times about the manual labor of the postulant life here at St. Benedict's Abbey. Now a short word about me...

When I got here I lived as a diocesan priest for about a month and a half. Enjoying the community and praying together, the food, the classes and the many other good aspects of monastery life. But I really did not take advantage of the opportunities to grow spiritually nor exercise the the monastic practices of Lection Divina (Sacred Reading - primarily the Bible) and solitude/personal prayer. Around that point I decided I should make some changes. I have tried to get in bed earlier (but have not always been successful) and get up early. I am watching less TV, eating less and exercising more. And I have added some extra prayer time and spiritual reading to my morning activities.

It has truly been a blessing and I pray (and I hope that you are too) that the will of God for my life will become clear in the coming days... months... and years! The novitiate will surely be a time of grace and discernment.

Know that all of you are in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment